DETROIT DD16 ENGINE
EXTREME DUTY AND HEAVY HAULING FOR YOUR BIGGEST JOBS
The Detroit DD16 truck engine is the biggest, most powerful truck engine Detroit has ever produced. With a wide, flat torque curve, and delivering up to 2050 lb-ft and 600 hp, it tackles your hardest jobs while performing with the fuel efficiency and reliability you’ve come to count on from Detroit
Pulling huge loads up hills is what the DD16 diesel engine was born to do. Its 15.6 litre displacement produces up to 600 horsepower, while providing amazing torque curve to get the heaviest loads moving.
PERFORM WHEN IT COUNTS
Stay productive and profitable with:
- 15.6L displacement — the largest on-highway engine built by Detroit
- Turbo compounding to recover heat from the exhaust, transforming lost potential into bonus power
- Wide, flat torque curve pulls strong all the way down below 1000 RPM
- Next Generation Amplified Common Rail System (ACRS™) to optimise combustion control
- Integrated Jacobs brake that offers three levels of quieter engine braking for enhanced downhill control and shorter stopping distances, all with reduced wear on the service brakes, tyres and other components
- Meets EPA 2010 emissions and 2016 OBD (OBD16) regulations.
Available to meet 2017 or 2021 Greenhouse Gas Regulations (GHG17 or GHG21) dependant on model.
Request a quote heading
Meet the next-generation of efficiency: the Detroit DD5 engine, available exclusively in the industry-leading, vocational Freightliner M2 106. To learn more, get a personalized quote on your own M2 106 with a DD5.
Find a dealer
Click below to find your local Detroit dealer.